La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Got A Letter Today

Hi Catherine

I just came back from Auckland and got an exciting news to share with you. I was delighted to tell you I successfully completed my degree and was selected by three education institutes to study early childhood programme, and finally I chose to study at Massey continuously as I love this beautiful city and have lots of good friends like you here.

I really appreciate for your great help at these two years. I understand I can't complete my degree if without your help. I don't know how to express my gratitude to you and never forget you gave me a bright future in NZ. Thank you very much indeed.

Are you available recently? I would like to meet you if you are free.

Have a good day!


Now doesn't that just make me feel warm inside? And look at her English! One stray article and a dodgy tense - all else is beautiful, beautiful, thrice beautiful!

I'm happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That's a very cool letter to get.

Steph

4:28 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

One of your students says Hi. I think his name was Peter? Anyway, he's now working the till in the convenience store next to the cable car and seemed to remember you kindly.

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home