La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Have Hayfever

The weather is a lot sunnier now, and my room mostly tidy, though there are places where the mess has just been pigeon-holed and will have to be dealt with later, and there are some bags of now-designated-old clothes that need to be taken out. Also, I'm planning on passing some of the kibble on to little girls who will probably enjoy it very much.

On a definite up-side, I discovered the copy of Where the Wild Things Are that Steph gave me, and an M. C. Escher colouring book (un-touched - how did I ever let that happen?) and a book of paper airplanes to play with when I feel like it.

Michael helped me clear off the dining-room table, so I could set up my sewing-machine on it and add my own brand of clutter *grin*. I'm having trouble with the bobbin-case, which really doesn't want to give a respectable tension. I suspect that the screw isn't quite set properly, but I'm having trouble fixing it. The screw is so small as the actress said to the ... never mind.

I think perhaps I shall have to take refuge in the colouring book for a while, get my groove back, and only then have another go with the recalcitrant machinery...

Wish me luck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home