La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Update

This is just a lot of little things.

Variously, these:

I have fixed the bobbin case. There was a tense moment when the screw went sproing onto the floor but I got it back and can now adjust the lower tension as I wish. This didn't help as much as I would have liked, because, even though I could fiddle with the tension, when hemming Stephanie's shirt it still wanted to pull too tight. I ended up kluging it and it looks fine - it was just annoying. As I was having similar problems while using my Mum's sewing machine (and the same material) I suspect I was just using a needle to heavy for the tight-grained fabric., Or something. I might experiment, but I just can't be bothered. The shirt is done (it looks very pretty).

Chantelle turned up on my doorstep, very unexpectedly. It seems she had been giving my flatmate David a ride back from the Manukau Market. I gave her coffee, and we shot the breeze and a couple of ducks. She even admired my new costume!

I baked a banana cake. The outside is a little smoky, but it tastes good. Beef stroganoff for dinner tonight. Cooking is a great adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home