La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My cousin is getting married

right this minute. I am munching an apple-and-blackberry turnover to celebrate.

Three cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Are you going to that lunch thing they're having? Give her a hug for me?

5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scene: typical lounge. A couple in their 50s are watching TV.
[Phone rings. The woman answers.]
Woman: Hello, Mabel Smith here
Phone: Mum! Bob and I are getting married!
Woman: That's wonderful dear! I'll put an engagement notice in the paper tomorrow.
Phone: No, Mum, we're *getting married*. Oh, hold on, they need me now. {muted} I, Alice Edith Smith, take you, Robert John Brown, ...

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home