La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

What Were You Doing...

At the death of the year?

For myself, as the radio pips went off I was pulling Rosie the Cat's tail. It seemed like a good thing to do.

The rest of my evening was spent quietly with Rosie and National Radio interviewing famous old people and playing their favourite music. It was very pleasant (though quiet). There was a certain amount of cuddling the cat, except when she was dashing around with her tail (eminently pullable) in the air.

Now I am eating toast.

Happy New Year.

3 Comments:

Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

I would have delivered your Christmas present unto to you yesterday (as I was passing through Palmy) but the gallery was shot.

It's really pretty, too. Flowers and butterflies, that sort of thing.

6:59 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy New Year!

12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody shot the gallery? And it resembles flowers and butterflies?

Back to the original question: I was at Yvonne and Mynhard's, watching the few fireworks which managed to get above the horizon (they are in a gully.) In the background was an insipid "happy new year" song which Yvonne insists on putting on repeat about 10 minutes before new year, and running until about 10 minutes afterwards.

Having fulfilled my duty as an adult to be awake for new year (when there are witnesses), I was in bed by 12:30.

2:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home