La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Shopping: Never Apologise, Never Explain. Or Something.

I think I've finally done it.

(I hurt.)

Now all I have to do is wrap things and post things. I suspect that the posted things won't arrive to their intended destinations until after the big day, so I hope that these people will forgive me.

I feel great guilt, both in spending too much money on nice things for myself (I think I'll be forwarding a couple to my birthday, as an attempt at retrospective budgeting - they'll keep), and at missing some people out. I would like to give the world a present, or at least, all of my friends, but I cannot afford to do this. If you don't get a pressie from me this year, please forgive me. I may well manage one next year instead.

This is an incredibly depressing Christmas post. Sorry about that.

And a very merry birthday of Our Saviour. Or Mithras. Or figurehead of an oppresive patriarchal religion/bunch of sappy do-gooders. Or culturally agreed on time for getting in touch with family and friends and sharing out warm fuzzies...

(And Happy Hanukkah, David.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel the guilt. Just revel in it and then cast it away.
You gave such presents as you gave and you'll get such as you get.
Those who get and didn't give will be happy (and possibly slightly embarressed) about that and resolve to be a closer next year. and those that gave and didn't get will understand and be happy at making you so.

8:45 am  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

Okay, that's good then, because I haven't got you one. Next year, maybe.

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh - I did some last minute shopping and I *still* haven't got everyone covered.

I suck at present shopping. At least, I seem to this year. And last year, for that matter.

Assuming I'm one of those you haven't got for (which I expect is a pretty fair assumption - I'm definitely not expecting anything), if an attack of the guilts sets in with this comment, I invite you to consider the concept of offering me a free ad in the Mordavian Truth...

Hugs (and don't I get get a Happy Chanukah too? No? How about a Happy Solstice then?) and guilt-free blessings

T

5:29 pm  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

Wasn't sure if you celebrated it.

You are, actually, receiving summat from the Cat Pegg present lottery - I'll probably forget next year, so don't let me guilt you into anything, 'kay?

An ad, you say? Come in to the offices, and we can talk. There probably won't be an Issue before the next game, though.

And a very Feast of Candles to you!

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home