La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Never say...

... that National Radio is just for old fogies. They just played a little gem called, and I'm not joking, The Dead Puppy Song. I was shocked. One presenter blamed the other, who denied all responsibility. They'd been playing Take Five just before that, and squabbling about who the artist playing it was...

All in all, National is pretty nifty to listen to, except for first thing in the morning 'cause then its just people talking about politics an' that - not what a muzzy little Catherine wants to be greeted with as she wakes. :-(

So, just out of curiosity, what do guys like to hear?

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

In the morning, when I've just woken up? Concert FM. They don't talk much, and it's mostly the time and what they're going to play next. And they don't do chirpy, ever, which I definitely can't cope with in the mornings.

Steph

8:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the things I've absorbed by osmosis from Donald has been a complete intolerance for advertising (well, in a/v form, anyway - I deal with it better in print).

Which means I'm kind of screwed when it comes to listening to radio over here. I do, however, have my whole CD collection on my computer. So I tend to have one of the many playlists I've set up going when I'm on the PC (which is most of the time, let's face it). That or Pandora.com (thanks Steph!)

9:35 pm  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

This Take Five was a guitar version.

10:28 pm  
Blogger Edward Sargisson said...

Well, as for me, I'm a NatRad fan all the way - especially in the mornings.

I like the politics and current affairs - means I know who to throw the rotten tomatoes at when I see them walking down Lambton Quay...

Generally I listen to Morning Report when I get up and then change to Nine to Noon with Linda Clark when I get to work.

But the afternoon programs are generally shite so I change to shuffling through the music on my computer. There's only 1000 files and 6GB worth there...

11:22 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Are you back from holiday yet?

2:54 pm  
Blogger Edward Sargisson said...

Steph - no, not yet. Going to Melbourne today for a week for some training.
Not quite so good as business trips to the States but good enough...

8:49 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I haven't been overseas in over a year!
Have fun in Melbourne - it's nice there. Make sure you do some touristy stuff, they have much on offer. Thanks for the frisbee, by the way, it makes an interesting shimmer when it's in flight.

Steph

9:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are only two radio stations: National Radio, and BBC World Service. And without a much more expensive radio, I can't get BBC in Palmerston North.

2:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home