La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Ugly Hat Day Revisited

This isn't quite the ensemble described in my previous post: instead of the violet and turquoise flannel shirt that's better for temperate climes I was prepped for rain and chill winds with a ghastly cardy. Also, you'll note the burgundy-coloured long-johns un-hidden by the britches and socks. Finally, you can't see it under the jacket and ghastly cardy, but under the short-sleeved t-shirt is a long-sleeved ratty spencer, for layered sartorial horror.

And thanks go to Michael W, who risked his camera, eyes, and considerable artistic skill in bringing this visual blight to the outside world.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I just noticed the Links section on your page. Who are you calling evil, you fashion victim from hell?

Steph

5:28 pm  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

Well, I just put it up today. I calls it as I sees it, Little Miss Beelzebubble.

8:23 pm  
Blogger Edward Sargisson said...

Well I got called little bro. I may be younger but, let the world know, I am taller and bigger and can take the both of you one with one hand tied behind my back!

I think.

Love,
Ed

9:00 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You're not taller by much, flyboy.

3:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I like the lime green hat.....I have a pink, sort of fluffy hat that I don't wear...got sort of talked into buying it by a friend...I think I look dumb in hats. Wish I had the confidence to wear them. I hate peer reviews a, I always find it hard to review Hannah's poems. I was going to do the 300-level 'fiction' paper next year but find that my illness and pesonal situation makes me want to never ever write again! Neway!! I never wear the hat...and since u r a hat kinda peson, if you would like to trial the pink hat I have.... let me know and I will bring it for you,seeing as I never wear it myself :)

12:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear lord. Note to self: do not go on internet in middle of night after cracking open the wine haha! Because it's embarrassing and I end up sounding like a total idiot! So I do apologise for ramblings :P

7:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why on earth did I think you would want to wear a pink hat?! Oh dear.

7:21 am  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

I'm sorry, Jo, I didn't notice your comments 'til after the last tutorial. Sorry, sorry, sorry...

11:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe no worries. I don't know if Royna's already invited you but Sunday November 6th we're having a sort of 'dinner party' at Ralph's house and you're invited if you want to come :)

6:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried to post a comment and it didn't work Probably A Good Thing.
I do like your descriptions of the various bits of the - um - unintegrated whole.
Mum

6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home