La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ugly Hat Day

I had an ugly hat day today. That is to say, I wore the lime-green souvenier hat that my flatmate brought back from his holiday. It actually has beautiful workmanship and is comfortable, with a useful brim, but I'm not a lime-green kind of person. So I matched it with a tartan shirt (violet and turquoise) and my blue swandri, plus the almost standard black knee-britches and knee-high socks. It was refreshing.

Also, I had an interesting time looking at people's feet under the table and observing who wore tiny, pointy shoes, elegant black leather somethings, clunky black boots (me), oxfords, canvas sneakers, or trainers. Actually, two folk had these soft shoes that reminded me a little of bowling shoes - they looked wonderfully comfortable.

To top off my ugly hat day, I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and gorged on sugar, red food colouring, chocolate, and fizzy drink. It seemed appropriate.

That's all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

"souvenier"
Gasp! _You_ mispelling souvenir. The world is about to end!

I'm glad that you had fun inflicting a weird colour scheme on people.

Steph

9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that such wonderous abuse of fashion norms requires a picture.

Beg. Plead! hope?

10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite happy to second that request…

This is where I am sure that chaos has a pattern. Having just watched Miss Congeniality 2, where Sandra Bullock wore a rather bright lime green top. It’s not a hat, but it was lime green, and it did look catchy…Maybe lime green is the new black… Nah!

Mike

11:24 pm  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

I never could spell it properly. I poke my tongue out at you, girly.

I think it would break the camera, alas.

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am prepared to risk my camera to obtain such a prize, and to gratify your many fans.

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home