La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And They're Back!

Mum and John T, that is, from their luxury cruise in the sunny islands. They were actually quite hot at several points, but the last two days back were stormy, and they're both feeling a bit tired and ill right now, and Mum has a very nasty cough.

I did a Big Clean and Iron-Down yesterday, in preparation for their return, and another Big Clean today. ME: "Was the house-keeping okay?" MUM: "Not bad." Sigh. And I forgot to sweep the wood chips from the front of the fireplace, and the dead leaves from the back porch... Ah well, the cats have been pampered, and that's the important bit.

I took some time off the Big Sewing Project (not the shirt, Michael, sorry - I chickened out of making something that I couldn't drape on the model as I put it together) and whipped together a stuffed pigeon for a prop for Mum's production. Finally I had something useful to do with the fabric scraps! The head is a little small, though, and I will probably re-do it in the morning.

And that's about it. The Big Sewing Project has its own blog entry, which isn't finished as the Project is not. I'll publish it when it's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home