La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

They Are Sailing, They Are Sailing

So Mum and my Step-dad are going off on a cruise, one that they have been planning for half a year, and I am looking after the cats.

Tall Black Ziggy is fairly aloof and happy that way, except he'll turn up for meals and a warm living room at night.

Rosie the Rent-A-Cat is very clingy and adores having someone around all day. It's quite pleasant, except when I trip, and when she tries to take a bite out of me. There never seems to be a reason for this, and she'll start fights with Ziggy the same way so I guess it's just the way she's made. Keeps my observation and reflexes sharp, too. She is vexful to sleep with, for we both toss and turn and though I am bigger, she is ever be-weaponed. She also managed to locate, within the first ten minutes, a pile of freshly washed fabric that I am planning on making into a dress, and sleeping on it.

Tonight I watched a double billing of Lady Snowblood and The Day the Earth Stood Still, and then I lucked into The Bride of Frankensten on late-night tv. Right now Frankie's being introduced to smoking by a blind old man. There were dancing homunculi in jars before. "Do you think I'm mad? Perhaps you're right..." Ooh, ooh - graverobbing! I like this movie!

**

As of the last web-update, Mum and John, and the boat, are "At sea, en route to Mystery Island." That's a black-and-white movie all of its own!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Why did you tell everyone that Gran's birthday was last week? It isn't until the 19th. I found this out in a fairly embarrassing fashion.... ;-)

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home