La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Past Two O'Clock, On A Cold And Frosty Morning

As of five minutes past two, I have finished the last bit of the assignment that was due last Friday.

It took a while to drag meaningful, balanced criticism out of my head. I'm very distractible (lots of common feeling with Monkey!).

I'll take it in tomorrow - I mean, later this morning, and stick it to the back of the rest of the assignment, if possible, or give it a seperate cover-sheet.

The sad thing, if I look at it one way, is that this block of five hundred words represents five percent of my final grade.

If I look at it rather more appropriately, I realise that I had to have a jolly hard think about that other student's work, and why I liked some bits and didn't like others, and my feelings on the construction of poetry. In other words, it was an education. It will also be of use to that other student: even if she disagrees totally with what I had written, articulating why will be good for her. I hope that she doesn't have to disagree, though.

Yeesh, some people learn the hard way. Ah well, G'night. Or possibly, Ohayou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home