La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

We're off! We're off!

I went to Wellington for the weekend with Michael, who was visiting niecelings.

Went to an Ultimate Frisbee practice with Steph, which was enjoyable. Napped all Saturday afternoon. Avoided a party on the grounds that I was feeling a bit poorly. Went to a fair Sunday morning. Wombled down Cuba Street a little (and bought books). Went flannel shirt shopping with Stephanie. Went to see Mrs Henderson Presents with Stephanie, Michael, Ned, and a friend of Steph's called Frank. It was a good movie. "Ah, so you are Jewish." My eyes! My eyes!

Came home. Within half an hour of our arrival, Michael had hot chocolate cookies. Now that's a flatmate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home