La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I Have A Headache

Much to my surprise, when I was at the Raven training this morning, I saw Conal teaching the newbies backwards ukemi. I volunteered as a demonstration model, and soon found myself working through half-forgotten Aikido techniques as translated to sword-play. It was fun. It was tiring. My arm hurts, and I've had a headache ever since, probably from dehydration.

Then I went to the centre of town to buy some buttons for a waistcoat that I've just made. It's very pretty. When I've sewn them on, I'll get my flatmate to take a picture and show you. I also picked up some stripy, tightly woven cotton to make Pirate Pants out of. So it was designed for mattress ticking? Nobody ever makes mattresses out of that stuff anymore, so no-one will know except for you kind readers. You won't tell, will you?)

I haven't really been doing much of interest, so I'll stop now.

1 Comments:

Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

And now I have lots of stiff muscles in my arms and legs. I lay this on your head, Conal!!!

(It's not that I don't get exercise, it's that it hasn't been that particular exercise for a good long while.)

3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home