La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Little More Poetry

And I state again that it is more fun to write poetry when you're supposed to be doing something else. This is just a little one:

Image

I remember
Beating black wings in a building's corner,
Battering its self at glassed-in walls
The panic of that bird and I
For scooping and holding in hands, and fleeing

And I remember the softness
Of its feet on my fingers as
It stood there, briefly, and the shout
Of joy as it flew.

**

I also note that, even when I am indulging in the purest of Imagist free verse, I still alliterate. And pun (though only in the title). Okaaay ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well worded

6:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alan

6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home