La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Windy

So my flatmate Michael said, "Do you wanna see a wind farm?" I thought it sounded nifty, and agreed.

What I had thought would be a basic jump-in-the-buses-and-head-into-the-hills trip turned out not to be. They were having an Official Opening of Te Rere Hau Wind Farm. There was speechifying (inside a conference room), with coffee and food, and the Prime Minister.

Then we climbed into buses and headed into the hills. I'll give the rest of the details when the camera that I took pictures on is back in the city so that I can upload them.

to be continued...

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

But did you get to meet the Prime Minister?

3:25 pm  
Blogger theamazingcatherine said...

No. She was at the front of the crowd giving a speech, and I was sitting at the back dozing on Michael's shoulder. (In most cases, one speech is much like another.)

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Testing, testing, do re mi fa...

9:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And another test ....

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home