La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Also Quoted Without Permission

Someone of my acquaintance once told me a story about how Sean Connery was first chosen to play James Bond. The interview with the producers went sort of okay - they liked his style but the accent was a bit off-putting. In other words, he was only one of several prospects. Then, after he had left, they looked out the window and saw Mr Connery heading down the street. "He walked," they said (according to my friend), "like a panther. We had to have him."

My... acquaintance then said, "Y'know, I want someone to say that about me."

The acquaintance shall remain nameless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home