La Gata Encantada

La Gata Encantada is the name of a pub in a novel by John Varley. It means 'the enchanted cat'. I like cats, so I stole the sign (it just needed some revarnishing and - Look! Good as new!). The door is open, to an amber glow and the sound of music and good fellowship. Come on in.

Name:

Pure as a virgin and cunning as a rabbit!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Short shorts.

I'd like to say that I wrote the next bit of the Midwife's Tale for you, but I haven't, so you're getting a collection of very short quotes that I like.

The last man in the world sat in a room. There came a knock on the door.


Author Unknown.

A kerastion is a musical instrument that cannot be heard.

'Roussel', cited in LeGuin, U. K. (1997) A fisherman of the inland sea. London: Vista (Cassell Group)

Fin and his men were in the Harbour of the Hill of Howth on a hillock, behind the wind and in front of the sun ...

How Fin went to the kingdom of the big men. In J. Jacobs Ed. Celtic fairy tales. (1994). London: Random House.

Leafing through the Book of Days, the Recording Angel looked for my name and then commented: "Been sleeping in?"

Original.

Like velcro, but slurpier.

Leigh McLennon, quoted with permission.

I wish I could say that her perseverance was rewarded. But it wasn't; and one must keep to the facts.

Nesbit, E. (1908, this ed. 1986) The house of Arden. Great Britain: Puffin Books.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having a passion for quotes, this just recently crossed my path.

"Even as water carves monuments of stone, so do our thoughts shape our character." - Hugh B Brown

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adding to the above that I forgot to sign, after September the 11th,and the following world conflicts, I find this quote is memorable.

"The purpose of all war is peace." - Saint Augustine

Davud Michael

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home